DHCS MEDIL I-14-22: Informational Update and Guidance on Medi-Cal Notices of Action (NOA) Generation (4/14/14)
DHCS issued guidance on how Medi-Cal NOAs are being generated by CalHEERS and SAWS beginning 4/15/14. The full letter is available here. Two sets of NOAs will be released:
- A “one-time batch” of NOAs from pre-enrollment and pre-CalHEERS/SAWS interface (applications filed 10/1/13 to 1/20/14) and post-interface (1/21/14-3/10/14)
- Ongoing as part of regular processing of NOAs dating from 3/11/14 onwards
The letter identifies some issues that may cause confusion among Medi-Cal beneficiaries:
- Both CalHEERS and SAWS may issue separate NOAs regarding MAGI and Non-MAGI Medi-Cal, respectively. SAWS will reflect the correct eligibility category.
- CalHEERS NOAs may have the wrong coverage effective date, using the date of eligibility determination instead of the correct effective date of eligibility.
- CalHEERS is generating NOAs for each month of eligibility or conditional eligibility in certain circumstances.