ACL 13-08: CalFresh Semi-Annual Reporting Waivers (1/31/13)
And, the envelope please? The results of the requests to FNS for waivers, in order to implement the DSS vision of Semi-Annual reporting.
- Shorter cert times to align with other programs: GRANTED: if household is given notice of the new certification period and the new benefit amount, if applicable.
- Anticipating income for 6 months: DENIED: At certification, CWDs must anticipate income and expenses over the length of the certification period and revise at mid-period when the household submits its periodic report form.
- Acting mid-period on voluntary reports only if they would increase benefits: DENIED: CWDs must act on changes verified upon receipt (VUR) to reduce or terminate benefits at any point during the certification period. CDSS defines VUR as information that is not questionable, the provider is the primary source of the information, and CWDs need no further information to take action.
- FNS considers household composition changes to be VUR if reported by the household….unless the reported change is for another public assistance program and the change does not trigger action in the other program.
- Income changes reported by the household that are less than the IRT, without third-party verification (in CalFresh non-assistance and public-assistance cases) are not considered VUR. More to come on VUR issues and new forms.
4. Waiver to require that all households report a change in address mid-period. PENDING.